Business law

Spend your time running your business


The Licensing Act 2003 brought about major changes to Liquor Licensing in England and Wales. Under ‘The Act’, two types of licence were created:- Premises Licenses and Personal Licenses.

A Premises Licence will be required for any person or business wishing to make Sales of Alcohol, host Regulated Entertainments or provide Late Night Refreshments from a premises. A Personal Licence is required, in addition to a Premises Licence, to authorise Sales of Alcohol.

Whether you are seeking to obtain any form of  Licence or in dealing with any issues or queries with your current licence, our experienced team of Licensing Practitioners are on hand to guide and assist you.

For further details on a selection of the services that we can offer, please visit the following pages:

Call us on 0808 168 8677 (local rate) to find out more about our Licensing law services or alternatively go to "Meet the Team" to contact one of our specialists directly.

With solicitors offices in Battersea, Hanover Square London, Harlesden, Harrow and Wembley, Hodders Law can provide the services of a local solicitor backed up by the strength of a big firm expertise.

Our Testimonials

“Dear Karen,

Thank you very much indeed for all that you, William Brown, and your support team at Hodders have done in connection with this purchase, and with the associated sale of Wallers Haven Barn. There were many times when I thought that we were not going to make one or the other, and it is in very large part down to your persistence that we are exchanged. Your care, patience and attention to detail have been much appreciated.

Mr L
March 2016


Read Our Blog