Court of Protection & The Office of the Public Guardian

Court of Protection Deputyships

If your loved one failed to make a Lasting Power of Attorney or Enduring Power of Attorney and has now lost their capacity to make one, you will need to apply for a deputyship Order to help them manage their affairs, now that they cannot.

Making an application to the Court of Protection is a daunting and complex task, we can help you through the process.

The appointment of a Deputy is made by the Court of Protection. The Deputyship could cover property and financial affairs or health and welfare, or both. The Court will specify the area over which the Deputy has authority in the Deputyship Order. Once the Order is made the person who is the subject of the Deputyship Order is called a ‘patient’.

This process involves confirming the capacity of the subject of the Deputyship and that of the nominated Deputy.

You can download further information here

Call us on 0808 168 8677 (local rate) to find out more about our Court of Protection Deputyships law services or alternatively go to "Meet the Team" to contact one of our specialists directly.

With solicitors offices in Battersea, Hanover Square London, Harlesden, Harrow and Wembley, Hodders Law can provide the services of a local solicitor backed up by the strength of a big firm expertise.

Our Testimonials

“Dear Karen,

Thank you very much indeed for all that you, William Brown, and your support team at Hodders have done in connection with this purchase, and with the associated sale of Wallers Haven Barn. There were many times when I thought that we were not going to make one or the other, and it is in very large part down to your persistence that we are exchanged. Your care, patience and attention to detail have been much appreciated.

Mr L
March 2016


Read Our Blog